Animal Bites Oregon

Animal Bites Oregon By Jennie L Clark

Based out of Portland, Oregon, Jennie L. Clark, Attorney at Law, handles animal bite and cases in many Oregon counties.

Animal Bites Oregon

Back to Dog Bite Page

Animal bites other than dog bites have different statutes that apply.  Oregon Statutes are in constant flux.  Please see general 2009 Oregon Statutes relating to animal bites.

What am I entitled to if I am bitten by an animal?

If you are bitten by an animal and the animal owner is liable under Oregon law or the law of a city or county, you are entitled to recovery of your medical bills, along with non-economic damages, commonly called “pain and suffering.”

In order to collect, hopefully, you were bitten by an animal whose owner has assets, such as a home.

Many homeowners have insurance policies that cover animal bites.

If a homeless person’s boa constrictor attacked you, it is unlikely that you will be able to collect, even if you win.

A tent and a dirty sleeping bag under a bridge is not going to compensate you for your injuries.  Yes, it is enough to make you want to want to strike back.

What should you do if you are bitten by an animal?

If you are bitten by an animal, seek appropriate medical attention; find out who owns the animal; report the incident to the animal control agency in your county; then call me at (503) 238-1010.

If the animal has previously bitten someone, I would also make a police report and ask to press charges.

Occasionally, an owner of a known dangerous animal is criminally prosecuted by the district attorney’s office.

Coming soon are the locations of the statutes of various animal bite statutes around the state.

Multnomah County Exotic Animals

Clackamas County Exotic Animals

Washington County Exotic Animals

Linn County Exotic Animals

Lane County Exotic Animals