Oregon Tenant Attorney
Based out of Portland, Oregon, Jennie L. Clark, Attorney at Law, handles Tenant cases in the greater Portland Area.
My initial consultation rate is $300.00 per hour and increases to $400.00 per hour thereafter. If appropriate, I sometimes write a letter within the first consultation to address issues. After the initial consultation, I inform my clients whether or not I am willing to work on an alternate/contingency fee agreement, flat fee basis, or continue working hourly.
Examples of tenant issues are as follows.
- Deposit Returns
- Eviction Defenses
- Eviction Notice Defenses
- Failure to make reasonable accommodations for verifiable disabilities
- Parking near residence for those with mobility problems
- Service animals
- Fire damage claims
- Habitability Claims
- Lack of Heat
- Lack of Running Water
- Lack of Sewer
- Injury Due to Landlord Negligence
- Water damage claims
- Wrongful Evictions
- Improper Lockouts
- Retaliatory Evictions
Tenant Representation: If appropriate and time allows, I may write a letter to your landlord in an attempt to resolve matters within the first hour of consultation. If the initial consultation and/or letter does not resolve matters I will often make an offer of representation based on your case. The following are examples of the types of fee arrangements I offer:
- Prepaid hourly rate
- Flat fee or reduced hourly rate with the right to recover full hourly rates from the opposing party with the goal of Client reimbursement for any prepaid attorney fees.
- Contingency fee agreement where the Attorney accepts a percentage of the settlement
- Note: Contingency fees may be offset by attorney fees awarded or negotiated as part of a settlement. If attorney fees awarded or negotiated exceed the contingency fee percentage, the Client will pay no contingency fee percentage and Attorney shall receive the full attorney fee award.
- Note: Most contingency fee cases require that no settlement is accepted unless Attorney’s normal hourly rate is paid unless:
- The client pays Attorney’s normal hourly rate
- Attorney consents to a fee reduction
- Contingency fee percentages are lower for Clients who forward litigation costs.